Here we go.

05 January 2013

Let's go.

My goal was to not make plans for a couple of weeks into the new year so I could repair and rejuvenate, but my calendar is already filling up.  Let's go.

1. This weekend, I'm working on a box filled with goodies that will be put up for auction to benefit Trevor Ware.  As of right now, the only thing I can think to fill it with is a loaf of my challah with homemade butter, homemade soap, and ... what else?  Need ideas, guys & gals.  I want to do a proper job and raise some good money, honey!  If you can't be at this fundraiser, you can give online.  

2.  Another thing that I would like to work on, but will need loads of help with, is having some workshops on how to do practical, useful, and interesting things.  Like how to sharpen knives and blades, basic auto maintenance (fix a flat, jump a battery, change oil), how to have a small, successful garden, learn a new language, etc.  Ideally, it'd cost little to nothing.  If enough people got on board, we could probably pool whatever resources we have lying around our homes to make it work.  I'm gonna need some experts and know-it-alls to instruct.  We'll meet and suss out details if you are innerested.  My email is: amdraheim@gmail.com  

3.  Things I love a lot right now:  
a. DISAPPEARS (again!)
b.  Friendship - the ones I've been fortifying and forging are crazy good.
c.  Bread making
d.  I find myself being down with winter.  It's our weirdest season.  
e.  Working on a little bit of self-improvement.  Spend less/save more, so I can use the money to do the things I really want (travel, house projects).  
f.  Missing all of the places I've ever been.  Missing the places I've never been.
g.  A good story.
h. Chicago in March?






Photobucket

KMHD + Dad:
Photobucket

Photobucket

South Vietnamese people protesting the Vietnamese Ambassador:
Photobucket

size 9
Photobucket

4 comments:

Alannah said...

Hi. Pizza Balls was possibly my favorite part of this post. PIZZA BALLS.

Looking forward to losing $ with you soon.

AMD & KMHD said...

Alannah! That made me laugh a lot!
Love you. xoxoxoxox

Alannah said...

And I'm real mad that I'm an 8 (8.5 if I push it, aww push it). If we could swap shoes I'd be in heaven.

PIZZA BALLS.

kmhd said...

The PIZZA BALLS were divine. We finished them in one day. That is, after our tv sesh, I thought the container was 1/3 full. When I searched for them the next day, they were MIA. When asked, Dad complained there were so few left, it did not qualify as him finishing them off. Love that Dad logic!

Blog Archive